Monday, April 12, 2010

William and Jackson

So, two very sweet little boys in our life have been right on target this week. I heard both of these stories today after I had already posted so please excuse me and my double posting today.

My sweet nephew William (26 months) came into his Mommy and Daddy's room this morning and said "Mommy - pray jack t" at first they thought maybe he wanted to go and play with uncle jack and aunt tl (we had a lot of play time this weekend) but then he folded his hands (as though praying) and said " pray jack t". Sarah proceeded to lead him in a short prayer for us this week and for our trip. William repeated everything she said ... to the best of his ability.  He was a little confused when Sarah said "and be with William as he's sad and they're away". After they finished as he walked out of the room he stopped in the doorway and said "Good job Mommy".


Jackson (almost 3) is my friend Katie's little brother and we are big fans of "jack jack". The other day Katie called her Mom on her cell phone so Jackson picked up the house phone and pretended to talk to me. He repeated everything Ms Wendy said to Katie on the phone to "me".  They asked Jackson where Jack and TL were going and he said "AFRICA" and they said why are they going there he responded with "to see animals" (my thinking is they just went to Disney and saw African animals ...) after they laughed they said Jackson why are they going to Africa? His response "to tell people about Jesus."


Between William praying and Jackson naming exactly why we are going ... I (Terri Leigh) was hysterical crying in my office.


They always say "out of the mouth of babes ..."

No comments:

Post a Comment