Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday Baby Gatlin


(first time I held him - less than an hour old!)
 Happy 1st Birthday Baby Gat!

I cannot believe you are already a year old! What a sweet blessing you have been this last year! I was THRILLED the morning your daddy called (at 4:30 am I might add) to tell me Mommy was in labor. My job for the day was to hang with your big brother. I could not move fast enough to get to the hospital when I found out you arrived! I spent LOTS of time with you after you were born because I knew when you were about 5 months old Uncle Jack and I were going to Africa. It made me so sad to think that when I got home (2 1/2 months later) you wouldn't know who I was. I think your parents and brother did a good job of saying my name so you'd know. Even though you won't say my name (or anyone else's) I know you know who I am. Your smile melts my heart. That toothy grin as of late makes me laugh everytime. You have been constant entertainment, especially when Chelsea and I try to make you go to sleep and you laugh and sing instead (baby crack is a very fitting nickname). I am praying that as you continue to grow that your sweet personality will stay around. I am praying that at an early age the Lord will show you your sinfulness and you will realize your need for a Savior. What a sweet blessing for this "Sweet T" to not only call you nephew but call you brother too. (I gotta quit - I'm crying!) Know that I love you and pray for you all the time! You are a joy!

Later that night
first time to meet Uncle Jack
W & G with Sweet T in their matching shirts!
Celebrating an AUBURN victory!
Sweet T teaching him how to celebrate!
Aubie & the Mechanic
Chick-fil-A ice cream - it's a tradition!

No comments:

Post a Comment