Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The loveliest village on the Plains

It is no secret that I love Auburn, AL, Auburn Univeristy, the Auburn area. I am a pretty big fan! It was even noted when I reconnected with some friends from when I was younger on Facebook "Of course you went to Auburn, you always did love it."
More than just loving Auburn I love Auburn in the fall. It's amazing. I don't know if it is the hype in the air over football, the leaves changing, the weather cooling ... it's just good. My mom and I keep talking about how much I'll miss it when I leave here. It's true. I have never lived anywhere as long as I lived in Auburn. This is a huge record: August 2003 - now. Auburn will always have a special place in my heart. Here are just a few pictures from my favorite town during my favorite time of year.
This is the first sign of Fall ... RV's rolling into town for football season!
The "normal" sign of Fall. This leaf was in our yard - I thought it was cool because it's massive!

We got free tickets to the Auburn vs. South Carolina game! I was THRILLED to be inside Jordan Hare Stadium. Jack (the Alabama fan) was just glad to see good SEC football for free. I just kept hollering "War Eagle!" Also, there is nothing like singing the Alma Mater in the stadium packed out with people. (sigh)
I love Auburn.

This was our view at the game. It was my first time to sit in the upper deck. It wasn't that bad at all. Other than the feeling that I was going to fall off the edge every now and then. It was good. We won ... it was GREAT!

Looking back I know the Lord has used my time in Auburn thus far to teach me about Him and stretch me in new ways. I am thankful for this "season" in Auburn. What a blessing that no matter where I go He will lead, guide and direct me.

WAR EAGLE!

No comments:

Post a Comment