Monday, June 27, 2011

ORDINATION

I don't know if I can accurately describe what a PRECIOUS time this was for Jack and I.  On May 22, 2011 we sat on the front row at Lakeview with the other 10 who have walked this path with us the last three years.  Bro. Al preached to the church with his emphasis towards the six men who just graduated from seminary. At the end of his sermon he asked the six "guys" to sit across the front steps of the sanctuary and any ordained man in the crowd to come and pray over them and essentially send them out to spread the gospel. As our husbands were being prayed for and over many of those men came and prayed for us the wives. It was amazing. The sweetest thing and something I will never forget, was as I looked up from being prayed for by a precious man I see my Papa, my Daddy and my brother praying over my husband. Let's just say the tears flowed. How grateful I am for the godly heritage we both come from and to see it that night just blessed my heart. It was emotional and wonderful to be sent out from our church that raised us the last eight years. Thank you Lakeview for your love and support. We are eternally grateful!
After the service they had a reception and it was a fun time to give hugs and thank people! Here are some pics from that time! (please ignore red noses and runny makeup, I already said it was emotional.)
This was the cake at the reception. It had all of their favorite books, a pot of coffee, a box of pizza. It was so very fitting.

The guys with their cake.

Sarah Lane, Allie and Rye - three girls who have been around from the beginning. They were in 7th grade when I moved to Auburn, some of the first to ask me about Jack and now are about to start their 3rd year in college. Yeah, I feel old. 

Us with the Armstrong's and Caldwells

Us with the Wilson's including my Papa and my
Peggy

 Me and the cutest new Pastor around :)

The wives with Ms. Kem - I am thankful for the time she spent pouring into us and teaching us what it means to be a woman of God and a woman who loves her preaching husband. 

Just the wives. Can't explain the blessing these girls are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment